The Syracuse University Libraries invite all students, faculty, and staff to a Welcome Fest on Thursday, August 31 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on the first floor of Bird Library. The event will feature resources and services the Libraries provide to support teaching, learning, and research across campus, as well as games, prizes, a photo booth, therapy dogs, a visit from Otto, and more.
Librarians and library staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on a wide range of topics, including:
- Research and reference help – connecting to library experts day or night;
- Study spaces – individual, group, or technology-equipped;
- Course-related instruction to improve research skills;
- Data, citation, and reputation management;
- Scholarly publishing – SU Press and the SURFACE repository;
- Library to Go delivery services;
- Blackstone LaunchPad entrepreneurship center;
- Interlibrary Loan – obtaining items from other libraries;
- Reserving material and booking video for classes;
- Technology for loan;
- Sound Beat, the Libraries radio show;
- Special Collections and University Archives.
A number of partner organizations are also participating this year: the Center for Learning and Student Success, Digital Scholarship Space, Onondaga County Public Library, Orange SUccess, Parking and Transit Services, Public Safety, SU Makerspace, and many more.
Light refreshments will be served and tours will be available. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.