The Syracuse University Libraries invite all students, faculty, and staff to a Welcome Fest on Thursday, September 1 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on the first floor of Bird Library. The event will feature resources and services the Libraries provide to support teaching, learning, and research across campus, as well as a photo booth, games, food, prizes, and more. Librarians and library staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on a wide range of topics, including:
- AskUs! service – connecting to library experts day or night;
- Finding the perfect study space – individual, group, or technology-equipped;
- Improving student research skills – course-related instruction;
- Research Services – data, citation, and reputation management;
- Scholarly publishing – SU Press and the SURFACE repository;
- Library to Go delivery services;
- Blackstone LaunchPad entrepreneurship center;
- Interlibrary loan – obtaining items from other libraries;
- Reserving material and booking video for classes;
- Tools for finding books, articles, and other materials;
- Technology for loan;
- Special Collections, University Archives, and SU Press resources.
A number of partner organizations are also participating this year, including SU Makerspace, Public Safety, Academic Integrity Office, Tutoring and Study Center, Onondaga County Public Library, SU Transit, and more.
Light refreshments will be served and tours will be available. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.