Beginning on May 12, bound print journals in humanities and social science disciplines (call numbers A through P), as well as a portion of the Libraries’ media collection will be relocated from Bird Library to the Syracuse University Library Facility (“The Facility”) on Jamesville Avenue.
Consolidating print journals in The Facility provides a number of benefits to the University community, including:
- Providing additional shelf space for growth of print book collections;
- More efficient delivery service through Articles to Go, which delivers scanned copies of articles, and Library to Go, which delivers physical materials;
- Guaranteed availability of every historic journal volume;
- Extending the usable life of print journals by several hundred years; and
- Setting the stage for developing Bird Library into a more flexible space for 21st century research library services.
Media collections in Bird Library that have had little recent use will also be transferred to The Facility. As with print volumes, any media in The Facility can be requested for rapid delivery.
For additional information, please contact Scott Warren at 443-8339 or email@example.com.