The staff, services, and collections of the Library’s Media Services Department will be relocated to other areas of the library during the semester break. They will be available in their new locations on Monday, December 22, 2008. At that time, the Media Services area on the lower level of Bird Library will no longer be open to the public. The DVD/ film collection will be unavailable Thursday, December 18 and Friday, December 19 while collections, equipment, and staff are in transit.
The following is a summary of the new media locations and service points:
- Multimedia hardware and software — Learning Commons, 1st floor
- Macintosh computers – Learning Commons
- Color printing – Learning Commons and GSIC Lab (3rd floor)
- Heavily-used microfilm titles, readers, printers, scanners — 3rd floor
- DVD/film collections, equipment and user support — 4th floor
- Audio/video digitizing station and consulting — 4th floor service desk
- Color copier – 4th floor
- Self-service scanners – 1st, 3rd and 4th floors
- Media microfiche collections and remaining microfilm titles — by request from 1st, 3rd, and 4th floor service desks
For more detailed information, please contact Melinda Dermody at 443-5332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.