Building on last year’s successful track record, when Syracuse University teams captured the grand prize and four first place awards in the 2017 New York State Business Plan Competition, a number of 2018 business plan competitions launch this semester. Open to Syracuse University students across all disciplines, the major competitions include:
- Panasci Business Plan Competition: Early intent to apply due January 17; competition April 13 – 14, 2018. Open to graduate and undergraduate students
- Rice Business Plan Competition: Applications due February 9; competition April 5-7, 2018. Open to primarily graduate students.
- ACC InVenture Prize: Applications due February 9; competition April 5-6, 2018. Open to undergraduate students.
- Hult Prize Regionals: In Boston and Toronto, first week of March, open to undergraduate students.
- Raymond von Dran iPrize: Applications due March 9; competition March 23, 2018. Open to graduate and undergraduate students.
The campus competitions for the ACC InVenture Prize and Hult Prize are coordinated through the Blackstone LaunchPad at Bird Library. The Panasci Business Plan Competition is coordinated through the Whitman School of Management and the Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship. The RvD iPrize is coordinated through the School of Information Studies.
The LaunchPad team, mentors, and professional service providers are available to help develop investment-ready business models, create more competitive pitches, and coach teams on the art of successful pitching. Whitman and iSchool faculty, along with Falcone Center staff, are also available to help prep teams and provide feedback.
To learn more about the competitions, get details on the schedule, or schedule coaching sessions, please e-mail: LaunchPad@syr.edu .