The Learning Commons has openings for two internships for the summer 2013 semester and up to three for the fall 2013 semester. Open to iSchool students who have earned 18 credits with at least a 3.0 GPA and who have taken IST 605 – Reference and Information Literacy Services, these internships are unpaid, but can be used for course credit.
The primary focus of LC internships will be developing instructional skills and building experience with classroom instruction through a combination of training, exploration, co-teaching, and direct experience. Interns will also have ample opportunity to participate in a variety of Learning Commons’ activities and to propose projects of interest.
- Plan, co-teach, teach, and assess library instruction sessions
- Provide in-person and virtual reference services
- Assist with Learning Commons outreach activities as needed
- Participate in professional development and training
- Work on larger-scale projects related to areas of interest or expertise. Example projects include:
– Creation of a digital learning object
– Evaluation of a Learning Commons service
– Creation of guides or finding aids
– Provision of staff development/training session
– Creation of a video or screencast
- IST 605 – Reference and Information Literacy Services
- iSchool Internship Requirements
- Credits Earned: 18 hours
- GPA: 3.0
Hours Per Week:
Flexible; 10-15 hours per week
Send a resume and cover letter explaining both your interest in the internship and how it aligns with your career goals to Steven Hoover at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until April 30th. On-campus interviews will be scheduled starting May 1st. We hope to notify successful applicants by May 8th.