The Syracuse University Library and University Archives have created a new digital collection of Carnegie Library images.
This fully searchable digital collection of Carnegie Library photographs includes over 200 images of the Syracuse University Carnegie Library from the 1905 ground breaking to the 2007 centennial. The collection includes images of the main Reading Room, interior rooms and spaces, the exterior façade, architectural detail, construction photos, as well as students and librarians. Photographs were selected from the Syracuse University Archives’ collection of campus building photographs and digitized by the Library’s Digital Imaging Services Center.
The Carnegie Library History web page features information on philanthropist Andrew Carnegie’s $150,000 donation to Syracuse University for the construction of the new library, which opened in September 1907. The page includes a history of the Library, timeline, historical news articles, and a link to leave a remembrance.
For more information on the project, please contact Mary DeCarlo at email@example.com.