Date(s) - 11/09/2019
10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Bird Library, Room 114
Syracuse University Libraries, in partnership with the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), is offering a day-long workshop dedicated to supporting graduate students in the research or planning phase of their dissertation or thesis. Spend a Saturday with fellow graduate students and librarians and learn strategies to enhance your research and share ideas with other graduate students who are on similar journeys.
Free coffee, snacks, and lunch will be provided, courtesy of funding from the GSO.
The goals of “Next-Level Research” are to help you:
- Locate new sources (and identify new places to find sources) to expand your bibliographies
- Discover new strategies for managing your sources
- Identify gaps in your current research
- Exchange ideas with other graduate students who are also in a similar phase in their research process
The schedule and presentations will be customized based on the applications received and the needs identified. Potential topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced strategies for conducting literature reviews
- Citation and research organization strategies
- Locating the latest research on your topic
- Refining research questions
Apply to attend: http://bit.ly/nextlevelresearch.
Space is limited to 30 registrants. Acceptance to attend will be determined by the description of the applicant’s research project, their current stage of research (students in the research or planning phase of their dissertation or thesis), and identified needs. For any questions or more information, please contact Emily Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.