Date(s) - 02/04/2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Bird Library, Room 114
Syracuse University Libraries, along with Syracuse University’s Muslim Student Life, Hendricks Chapel, and the Muslim Students Association, are co-hosting a 6-week series of lectures and discussions titled “Understanding Islam.” The series will run on Tuesday evenings from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., beginning on February 4 and ending on March 10. They will be held in the Peter Graham Scholarly Commons (Room 114) of Bird Library.
The program is facilitated by Imam Amir Duric, Muslim Chaplain at Syracuse University and is free and open to the public. Similar programs were held and well-attended throughout 2018 and 2019. The spring 2020 schedule is:
- Tuesday, February 4: Introduction
- Tuesday, February 11: Tawheed: The Central Concept of Islam
- Tuesday, February 18: Equality
- Tuesday, February 25: Justice
- Tuesday, March 3: Eschatology
- Tuesday, March 10: Visiting a Syracuse Mosque
To register for one or more of the sessions and to request special accommodations, please RSVP by February 3 to Amir Duric at email@example.com.