Beginning June 22, Syracuse University Libraries will resume limited access to physical collections as part of a gradual, phased reopening for members of the campus community. The Libraries will provide electronic delivery of articles scanned from print journals as well as book chapters to those with valid Syracuse University identification (SU ID). The Libraries will also begin to offer contactless pickup of circulating materials by appointment, as well as UPS delivery of materials to faculty residences. Alumni with requests should email firstname.lastname@example.org. SUNY-ESF students can use their NetID to place requests. For any further questions, please email email@example.com. Please note that there may be delays in processing time for these services, depending on staffing and requests.
Scanning and Electronic Delivery
Anyone with a valid SU ID can request a digital copy of journal articles or book chapters from our physical collections at Bird Library, Carnegie Library, or King+King Architecture Library. To request a digital copy of an item:
- Requests for scans of printed materials can be made by logging into SU Libraries’ Interlibrary Loan.
- On the left side of the page, select “New Request” then “Article or Book Chapter.”
- Complete the form then Submit Request. Note that copyright law limits how much we can copy in some circumstances.
- Once the item is scanned, it will be electronically delivered to you.
Contactless Pickup by Appointment; UPS Shipment Service Available to Faculty
Anyone with a valid SU ID can safely borrow items from our physical circulating collections at Bird Library, Carnegie Library, or King+King Architecture Library. Items will be available for contactless pickup by appointment. In addition, SU faculty may also request to have items from SU Libraries’ collections shipped via UPS to their residence.
To request an item:
- Find the item in our catalog. Once the item is identified, select “Request this item.”
- Complete the form then Submit Request. You will receive a confirmation email that your request is being processed.
- Once the item is available, you will receive another email with a link to schedule a pickup time of your choice between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. For faculty only, you will also have an option to request UPS delivery of your item(s) to your residence.
- To pick up your item(s) at the scheduled time, upon arriving at Bird Library on the Waverly Ave. entrance side, please call 315-443-5727 to notify staff of your arrival.
- Library staff will come to the door and ask to see your SU I.D. Please hold it up against the glass.
- Your bagged items will be placed on the pickup table in the vestibule. Staff will leave the area and then permit you to enter and take your item(s), which has been checked out to you.
- It is very important to arrive during the time you selected as your scheduled pickup time. If the item is not picked up within your 15- minute scheduled time, it will be removed from the pickup location and you will need to reschedule your pickup. This is to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Note that items will be sanitized prior to being bagged. Please do not clean or disinfect borrowed materials, as it may damage the item. Libraries staff follow University as well as national safety guidelines in preparing items for loan and upon their return.
- Items can be returned through book drops outside of Bird or Carnegie Library. For any questions regarding returns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety of our campus community is our highest priority. Library staff is following public health guidelines from the University, New York State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services, which includes sanitizing and disinfecting borrowed materials.